Wiki S88.111A

Best answers
What is the exact defintion of S88.111A? I know what the text name is, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what it's supposed to be describing.

What is the exact defintion of S88.111A? I know what the text name is, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what it's supposed to be describing.

Traumatic amputation is the loss of a body part by accident or injury. This particular code is traumatic amputation of the right lower leg between the knee and ankle.

That would indicate that there was some type of accident or injury that severed the lower right leg. For example, the patient could have been in a car accident.

Traumatic amputation is different from a planned amputation surgery done for a medically necessary reason.

Edit to add: You'd use this code while the patient was being treated for the injury. If the injury was in the past and there were no complications being treated, you'd use the appropriate code from Z89.- for acquired absence of limb to document the history of the amputation.

Traumatic amputation is the loss of a body part by accident or injury. This particular code is traumatic amputation of the right lower leg between the knee and ankle.

That would indicate that there was some type of accident or injury that severed the lower right leg. For example, the patient could have been in a car accident.

Traumatic amputation is different from a planned amputation surgery done for a medically necessary reason.

Edit to add: You'd use this code while the patient was being treated for the injury. If the injury was in the past and there were no complications being treated, you'd use the appropriate code from Z89.- for acquired absence of limb to document the history of the amputation.
Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed!