Wiki Scar excision with full thickness skin graft

Amzie

Networker
Best answers
Hello,

I need some assistance in coding a surgery for a hand. I am not to familiar with these types of surgeries so any help would be wonderful.
OP note:
I was able to see there were thick cords along the inner webspace proximal phalanx of the middle and ring finger. This did extend into the webspace. I was able to ellipse this out, attempting not to cross the PIP joint level at least midline of the finger within the webspace. There was some webspace creep and I was able to release some of this volarly allowing the fingers to separate somewhat. I carried out full thickness removal of this scar tissue. I very carefully bluntly dissected down and carefully protect the deep neurovascular structures although these were somewhat scarred in place from his previous surgeries and his syndactyly. After excising this scar tissue, I was able to extend the fingers near fully. I then turned my attention to the groin. I was able to fashion an oblong type skin graft harvest. I was able to remove this full thickness and closed this with buried sutures. We then turned our attention back to the fingers. I carefully began to use 4-0 chromic sutures to repair the webspace trying to bring some tissue dorsally into the webspace. I then sewed these skin grafts in under some tension but I was able to get excellent coverage of the defects...

So for the skin graft I was going to use cpt code 15240 but what about the scar excision? Would I use the complex repair codes 13131??
Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thank you very much