Wiki Schamburg, IL- CPC-A looking for entry-level position

stephmf415

Best answers
My availablility is 11/05/2012. Looking for entry-level position, preferably medical records clerk/ front desk secretary to get my foot in the door.

Stephanie Lange
9375 Viscount Blvd. #608, El Paso, TX 79925 - (224) 627-2577 - stephmf415@yahoo.com

Objective
Seeking an entry-level coding position where I can utilize my knowledge of medical terminology, understanding of healthcare reimbursement, coding skills, and experience to accurately and independently assign ICD-9-CM and CPT/HCPCS codes and maintain patient records.

Skills
• Medical Coding (ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS)
• Medical Terminology
• Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology
• Healthcare Reimbursement
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• APC Assignments
• Ingenix Encoder Software
• Customer Service and Organization
• Administrative Support
• Familiarity with Coding Guidelines
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
• CMS 1500 Claim Forms
• Managed Care Regulations
• Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursements
• Hospital Information Systems: Chart, Assembly, Access, Storage, and Status Tracking
• Clinical Data Entry, Analysis, and Abstraction

Certification
American Academy of Professional Coders July 2012-Present
Current Member
Passed Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam August 2012

Education
Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing Program/Career Step June 2011-June 2012
Certificate of Graduation with Honors
• Experience coding over 250 outpatient reports and 75 authentic inpatient records.
• Types of reports including: Consultations, Emergency Room reports, History and Physical reports, Laboratory reports, Operative reports, Physician Orders, Procedure Notes, Progress Notes, Radiology reports, and Pathology reports.
• Coded reports in a variety of specialties including: Obstetrics, gynecology, internal medicine, dermatology, diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology, general surgery, orthopedics, gastroenterology, trauma surgery, family/general practice, infectious disease, psychiatry, oncology, ENT, physical therapy, cardiology, plastic surgery, pulmonology, Emergency Dept, hematology, neurology, neurosurgery, vascular surgery, etc.

Experience
Caregiver
• Attentively cared for well-being of child and organized daily educational activities.

Operator, Amcor Flexibles
• Accurately inspected products for flaws and packaged according to strict guidelines.

Lifeguard, Six Flags Great America
• Utilized knowledge of first-aid and safety procedures to maintain safety of park in compliance with Ellis standards.