Wiki Seeking Externship ( Surround Houston Texas Areas)

Best answers
I'm seeking a great opportunity to perform as a externship. I have received my certificate as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) in December of 2015. Unfortunate,I'm not able to launch my career, due to lack of coder experience. I 'm willing to devote some time to learn the process of coding and Medical Record Department. I have attack my resume and hopefully I can be a great access to you as you will be to me.

Thanks Lesia Wordlow

LESIA WORDLOW
P.O. Box 1105
Fresno, TX 77545
(281) 309-4779
lcword208@gmail.com

Certified Profession Coder (CPC) looking to jump start my career. Over 20 years in clinical skills and administrated positions, treating and manger various diseases and condition, medical compliance, auditor and maintain proficiency of clinical lab, with 98% passing rate. Seeking a coder position that will lead to a growth of opportunities.

PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Held a position as a Lead Respiratory Therapist
Abstractor pertinent information from electronic patient record, paper chart and physician noted
Knowledgeable with regards to medical coding guidelines and coding techniques (ICD 9 and ICD 10 proficiency training, CPT and HCPC)
Assign appropriate codes to various treatments and services perform
Queries physicians concerning clinical orders and documentations.
Efficient in using MS Office, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, in addition to, Soft Med., 3M Encoder and Coding Clinic.
Knowledge of anatomy & physiology and medical terminology
Conduct department meeting, training and other duties assign by management.

Employment History

Select Specialty Hospital, Leaded Respiratory Therapist, Houston, TX. 2/2004 – Present, (PRN)
Concare Specialty Healthcare, Respiratory Therapist, Houston, TX. 5/2015- Present, (PRN)
M.D. Anderson Hospital, Clinical Coding Associate Apprentice, Houston, TX. 5/2014 - 10/2014
M.D. Anderson Hospital, Respiratory Therapist, Houston, TX 10/ 1982 – 4/2000

Education / Certification

Certificate and Training, CPC NOW, (AAPC Education Provider), Houston, Texas
Associate Degree, Health Information Technical, Houston Community College, Houston, Texas
Associate Degree, Respiratory Therapist, Houston Community College, Houston, Texas
Member, American Academy of Professional Coder (Houston Chapter)
Basic Life Support, Certified (BLS)
Advance Life Support, Certified (ACLS)

Externship Program

IntegraNet Houston is offering Externship Program.

Medical coding Externship Program
IntegraNet Health established “Externship Program” to help newly certified medical coders qualify for a medical coding job. The program provides our members valuable work experience that can be applied to resumes and toward the removal of "apprentice" status (Externship Program) alone will not remove the apprentice designation from credential). The experience also aids members with finding employment.
Externship Program is an ideal way to get your first taste of real-world knowledge and experience in the medical coding field and gives potential employers an opportunity to see you in action. It builds confidence and improves your research and analytical skills.

Total hours of externship *: 80 hours / Specialty

Specialty coding *trained : HCC (Hierarchical Condition Category) , E&M (Evaluation and Management), Emergency Room (ER), Anesthesia , General Surgery, Diagnostic Radiology , Pediatrics

How it works :
Coder would select one specialty per externship program *
Register online
Duration : 80 hours ( 1 month program)
4 hours theory training on basic, CMS and insurance specific *guidelines of coding and specialty selected
76 hours Medical record coding
Performance management reports provided to the student for every 2 days

You can reach out at (281) 447-6800