Wiki Site of Service Indicators ? Code 50382

skneefel

Networker
Best answers
All:

Please help! I have been looking and looking and can't find documentation that states "WHERE" a CPT is allowed to be performed. We billed code 50382 with an office POS (11) and it was denied as not allowed at that place of service. I know that Trailblazer used to have a "site of service" indicator but I can't find this information anywhere on Novitas or the CMS website. I'm stuck!
Please let me know where this information is available.

Thank you!

Sarah Kneefel, CPC, CGIC, CFPC
Coding Supervisor
Radiology Imaging Associates - Denver

All:

Please help! I have been looking and looking and can't find documentation that states "WHERE" a CPT is allowed to be performed. We billed code 50382 with an office POS (11) and it was denied as not allowed at that place of service. I know that Trailblazer used to have a "site of service" indicator but I can't find this information anywhere on Novitas or the CMS website. I'm stuck!
Please let me know where this information is available.

Thank you!

Sarah Kneefel, CPC, CGIC, CFPC
Coding Supervisor
Radiology Imaging Associates - Denver

Have you contacted them ? It's likely a glitch in their system and if nobody lets them know, it won't get fixed.

Update

FYI - I spoke with a represenative from Novitas today. She said that the Site of Service indicators are carried is a file called MCS which is only available to carriers. She is going to research and see if they can post the information on the Novitas website. She used to work for Trailblazer and remembers that it was available there. Hopefully, there will be a fix soon!