• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Sleep Clinic no doctor patient contact

Messages
135
Location
Anderson, SC
I am trying to see if a there is a code I can capture that would allow me to code for records review prior to seeing a patient.

Patients comes in as a group for a group clinic with a tech. - Ok with this.
During the group, patient's answer questions, fill out questionaire - ok with this

After the clinic, the doctor gathers all the medical records available to him, the questionaires and reviews them. From here he makes a decision on the course of treatment, or at least the next step. Some patients he sends away and says loose ten pounds, some he says come into clinic to have a sleep test done. All this take from 5min - 10 min per patient. He does not write a report or summary of the patient's medical records.

It isn't till after the sleep test is done that the patient sees the doctor.

Is there a code I can use that the doctor can get credit for the records review for that 5-10 min?

I have looked at and ruled out 99412, 99411, 99211 (only because no face to face), 99078 maybe, but no RVU's.

Thought about combining that 5-10 min in a future E&M as part of the MDM, but I'm not liking the idea of multiple days with one E&M.

Any thoughts? I am thinking he just is going to have to live with no getting paid for that 5-10 min of records review.
 
Top