Wiki SMA/Intestinal Angiography

hwilcox07

Networker
Best answers
Any help with this case would be greatly appreciated :)
I shortened the report as much as possible because it was forever long. I got the following codes:

36246, 36246-59 x5, 75726, 75774, 75774-59 x 5
Does this look correct?

PROCEDURE: SMA angiography, individual SMA branch angiography including the ileocolic, middle colic, 4 separate intestinal branches, & gastroduodenal/small bowel sidebranches from a replaced hepatic artery. Patient placed in supine position and right groin prepped. The right groin was punctured and a right lower extremity angiography performed. RLE ANGIOGRAPHY: Study demonstrates a widely patent external iliac and common femoral artery. Puncture site should be good for a Minx Grip. SMA ANGIOGRAPHY: Injection of the SMA demonstrates a normal branching pattern. Initially it was thought to be some blush by the replaced RHA.A microcatheter was directed into the duodenal/small bowel branches from the replaced hepatic artery and injection performed in 2 planes demonstrating no definite contrast extravasation. Subsequently the ileocolic, middle colic, 4 intestinal branches of the SMA were individually selectively cannulated and injected and no definite bleeding site was seen. Successful SMA angiography.

Any help with this case would be greatly appreciated :)
I shortened the report as much as possible because it was forever long. I got the following codes:

36246, 36246-59 x5, 75726, 75774, 75774-59 x 5
Does this look correct?

PROCEDURE: SMA angiography, individual SMA branch angiography including the ileocolic, middle colic, 4 separate intestinal branches, & gastroduodenal/small bowel sidebranches from a replaced hepatic artery. Patient placed in supine position and right groin prepped. The right groin was punctured and a right lower extremity angiography performed. RLE ANGIOGRAPHY: Study demonstrates a widely patent external iliac and common femoral artery. Puncture site should be good for a Minx Grip. SMA ANGIOGRAPHY: Injection of the SMA demonstrates a normal branching pattern. Initially it was thought to be some blush by the replaced RHA.A microcatheter was directed into the duodenal/small bowel branches from the replaced hepatic artery and injection performed in 2 planes demonstrating no definite contrast extravasation. Subsequently the ileocolic, middle colic, 4 intestinal branches of the SMA were individually selectively cannulated and injected and no definite bleeding site was seen. Successful SMA angiography.

You can use 36248 instead of 36246 for each additional SMA branch catheterization.

Suraj Nadarajan CPC,CIRCC