Wiki Social groups (ABA)

Jdiane2011

Best answers
We treat children with autism and since summer has begun we are starting social groups (97158). Is it ok for a BCBA to run a group with a patient that is on another BCBA's caseload..(Commercial insurance).

I have been trying to research this with the 97158 and the 97153 codes but have found very little information Thanks for any information that can be provided.

I'm not getting the connection between "summer has begun" and starting Adaptive Behavior Treatment Social Skills Group.

"Caseload" is an internal construct of your company. If your BCBA starts seeing patients of another provider in your group, then the patient will have two providers in your group.

We treat children with autism and since summer has begun we are starting social groups (97158). Is it ok for a BCBA to run a group with a patient that is on another BCBA's caseload..(Commercial insurance).

I have been trying to research this with the 97158 and the 97153 codes but have found very little information Thanks for any information that can be provided.
Yes. My ABA agency utilizes 97158 and the BCBA running that group can have clients in the group that are under other BCBA's. We have not received any denials and we've been running groups for over a year now.