Wiki Specialty exams

Best answers
Would anyone know how to check CCI Edits when we take a specialty exam. I use an encoder to check them now, but on the test we just will have our books.
RIght now I have codes that are bundling and the practice exam is not letting me pick a modifier 59 to bypass the edit.
That is odd to me.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks,

So how do we know if any of the codes needs a 59 modifier. I had a practice question yesterday on this. So another words, If I did not have a way to check the edits, I would not have known to append a 59 modifier to a code.

I honestly don't recall having any issues around modifiers and bundling edits during the multiple exams I've taken. It's difficult to remember exact details but I don't feel like the multiple choice answers usually came down to A,B,C,D vs. A,B-59,C,D. But then you're also not really coding during the exams. You're ruling out wrong answers and then figuring out which of the correct answers fits the scenario you're given.

What specialty exam are you planning to take? Knowing that may help you get recommendations from others who have taken the same exam.

I am studying for the Ortho exam (COSC). In the real world for Ortho there are many codes that bundle. So in my mind I would think we would have to be able to check for bundling on the exam some type of way. Especially if one question asks, do I need to append any modifiers and 59 is one of the choices. I cannot understand why I cannot get an answer on this from AAPC. I have called and emailed with no success.

I just took the test last Saturday. What Trarut said is correct. There wasn’t anything like A,B,C,D vs. A,B-59,C,D. There are questions once you have selected you procedure what would be an appropriate modifier to append to it 51, 59, none, etc. Having coding companions will definitely help and I highly recommend having them. I didn’t use them a lot but they will help clarify any CCI edits.