Wiki Speech Therapist E/M Charge for Telephone Consult On Different Day Than Therapy

KJKimble

New
Best answers
I have a situation in which a Speech Therapist has treated a patient at the school location. The therapist was not able to reach the parent until the following day. Via telephone, the therapist spent 45 minutes counseling the mother on her child’s treatment and provided recommendations for home therapy. My question is, are we able to charge separately from the 92507 code since the telephone counseling took place within 24 hours of the speech therapy visit? If so, what CPT code would you recommend? Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Hi KJKimble :)
Yes the therapist can bill CPT 98968, ensure she has time on this documentation for the day. Also list it was done by phone call was completed with caregiver of pt, list pt' s demographics to verify, document discussion description and list of dx assessments. Any telehealth must have these items on med record and record time spoke to pt s mom in record
Well hope I helped you.
Lady T(y)📞

Hi KJKimble :)
Yes the therapist can bill CPT 98968, ensure she has time on this documentation for the day. Also list it was done by phone call was completed with caregiver of pt, list pt' s demographics to verify, document discussion description and list of dx assessments. Any telehealth must have these items on med record and record time spoke to pt s mom in record
Well hope I helped you.
Lady T(y)📞
Thank you Lady T for your guidance. It was very helpful! Sorry for the late reply, I just realized that I failed to appropriately express my appreciation. Have a great day!
KJK