Wiki Split Global Billing

ehente

New
Best answers
I have a provider that recently joined our organization and we discussed global billing due to the new TIN involved. She is pushing back and I want to ensure we are compliant. Is this correct?

I have a provider that recently joined our organization and we discussed global billing due to the new TIN involved. She is pushing back and I want to ensure we are compliant. Is this correct?
If any of her current patients care was rendered in her old practice (ie, they followed her to your practice), the old practice will bill for the care the patients received while in that location and you will bill for the care in her new location under the new TIN. Global billing is no longer correct per the majority of payers at this point even though the same provider gave all the care. This is because your practice expense (physician work, practice and practice expense) was reduced when your practice did not render care. In some limited circumstances your payer may allow you to bill the global code with a modifier -52, but be sure to check with them first.