Wiki Split Shared "Same Calendar Day"

Best answers
The Final Register doesn't define "same calendar day" anymore, this omission feels intentional. I've not been able to locate anything from CMS indicating how "same calendar day" will be defined. So my question, has anyone seen anything related to this topic? What happens when the NPP sees that patient late evening, and the MD doesn't have encounter fully documented until after midnight. Thoughts? TIA.

The Final Register doesn't define "same calendar day" anymore, this omission feels intentional. I've not been able to locate anything from CMS indicating how "same calendar day" will be defined. So my question, has anyone seen anything related to this topic? What happens when the NPP sees that patient late evening, and the MD doesn't have encounter fully documented until after midnight. Thoughts? TIA.
I personally would still consider "same calendar day" from midnight to midnight on the same day. So if your NPP sees the patient on Monday, then your MD would need to see the patient on Monday also prior to midnight. One thing to consider - sometimes physicians will see the patient; however may not be able to document their visit on the same day prior to midnight if a late visit. In my past experience this happens quite a bit in the area of hospitalist, intensivists, and those providers who spent a lot of time in the hospital setting. I have hem/onc providers who work late when they are on hospital call and in Epic the date defaults the note to the time it is documented even thought the physician actually saw the patient prior to midnight so I have instructed them to watch for this and put in their note header the date and time the patient was seen for clarity.