Wiki Spontaneous Abortion

jgcbsn

Best answers
I am coding for the ED and the PA examines a patient who is having a spontaneous abortion and is passing clots he states in his dictation :

went in with RN, we performed a pelvic exam and immediately visualized was placenta tissue which was see at intraoitus - this was carefully removed with foreceps and behind it was a formed fetus which expelled, bleeding began to improve.

Is there a separate CPT code to capture this?

I have another question regarding open coding fracture codes and Laceration repairs together. If the patient comes to the ER with an open fracture lets say of the thumb and ends up getting a posterior mold, and a Lac repair done. Can we code for the Fracture and the Lac repair , since located in the same area?

I have another question regarding open coding fracture codes and Laceration repairs together. If the patient comes to the ER with an open fracture lets say of the thumb and ends up getting a posterior mold, and a Lac repair done. Can we code for the Fracture and the Lac repair , since located in the same area?
Not my area of expertise, but per Karen Zupko, not billable if you are repairing the open fracture thru the lac.
There could be situations where there is a laceration, and a separate closed fracture in the same body area, and that I would code both.
Old article from 2004 that references ICD9, but states basically the same regarding the procedure coding. https://www.elitecme.com/resource-c...s/fracture-coding-for-both-icd-9-cm-and-cpt-2