• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Important Note: We will be performing important server maintenance on 15 July 2020 , during which time this site will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. If you are in the middle of something critical , please save your work. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Statement "no acute distress"

drhoads

Guru
Best answers
Can you count the statement "no acute distress" as Psych in the exam section when performing chart audits.:confused: Thank you

Pam Brooks

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
NAB Member
Best answers
We do not. We consider that an assessment of patient's overall appearance (constitutional). We ask for either a comment regarding mood and affect, or orientation x 3, in order to count a bullet for psychiatric OS.

Diane P

New
Best answers
No acute distress- neuro

I have also considered this part of the constitutional exam, but I just listened (today) to an AAPC Webinar: Auditing EM Services for the Office & HOPD and they said "neuro".

The example they used was: Patient is well nourished, well developed (Constitutional), alert and oriented x3 (Psych), in no acute distress (Neuro).

I was a little surprised, so I decided to google and see what I can come up with. No definitive answers yet.

Best answers
I'm taking the CPMA course and in one example they counted it under Psych and the following example it was listed under Constitutional.