Wiki Staying Organized

zaida120

Best answers
I am trying to keep myself organized. I have over 50 departments I am reviewing denied claims on and some require appeals. My biggest fear is that I will forget about following up on a claim and possibly loose reimbursement as a result.
Our PMS does have a note section and on some claims I can set for alarms but not always. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks for your help and input.

Wow--that's a lot to keep track of!

A couple of things that have worked well for me in the past were filing my appeals alphabetically by patient last name so I can find them easily. I also kept notes each time I followed up on them, and kept the notes with the original copy of the appeal (you never know when you need to resend it!)

Something else I've found useful is the Tasks function in Microsoft Outlook. If you have it you can set up electronic reminders in your email that can be used to prompt you to follow up.

Take care (and good luck!);)

Skizehr,

Great idea about outlook. I'll have to try that.

If you're a "paper" person, my follow up people have a lateral file (numbered 1-31) that fits on their desk. They put the appeal in the pocket number of the date they want to follow up. They came in today and pulled out the "21st" and did their follow up.

Julie, CPC

Last edited: