Wiki Stenting of lvad outflow graft

GIBBERS

Networker
Best answers
Can anyone help me with the CPT for the 'Stenting of LVAD outflow graft'...
My Surgeons with help from the Interventional Cardiologists did this procedure to two of our patients. The coder at the IC office is stumped as well.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Terri

Sorry, I know this is a late response. Not sure if you have received any other guidance on this issue since June but my physicians are doing this same thing now. Based on the documentation that my providers are giving me I am coding this with the following codes:

37236 - Transcatheter placement of an intravascular stent, initial artery (they are placing the stent in the outflow graft but also past the anastomosis slightly into the aorta)
37252 - IVUS
36200 - Non-selective catheter placement, aorta

Not 100% sure this is what should be done but I have searched high and low and can find no specific coding guidance on this type of procedure since it is a fairly new practice. I have an email out to the STS to see what their opinion is on coding this and will update my post when I get an answer. Hope this helps!

Just wanted to find out if you had any success at getting a response from STS on these? Our providers have now started doing them and I am at a loss on how to code them. I too have searched high and low and can locate no coding guidance on this. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Stenting LVAD outflow graft

Just wanted to find out if you had any success at getting a response from STS on these? Our providers have now started doing them and I am at a loss on how to code them. I too have searched high and low and can locate no coding guidance on this. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi Patty,

Sorry, I have not gotten a response from STS on this issue yet. I am still billing these as an intravascular stent placement, artery until I hear different. Wish I could be more help!

Thank you. I did the same. I ran the codes by my provider and they seemed to fit best for what we were doing. That's what he wanted to use as well. Thank you again. Patty