Wiki Stood up for 2nd phone interview

Lisajuly20

Contributor
Best answers
I had my 1st phone interview this past Thursday and received an email from HR the next day to setup 2nd interview. I replied Sunday to email for 2nd phone interview for this morning with time frame 10 to 11am. I sent a confirmation email around 9:00am this morning. HR never called me for scheduled 2nd interview which is unprofessional and inconsiderate. HR person had ample time to contact me if needed to schedule another time for 2nd interview. I am not inclined to communicate with HR regarding the position…Any suggestions/advice?

You're right that it's inconsiderate to not contact you again for the 2nd interview, but what it sounds like is that they've decided to move on with another candidate.

How much do you need a job? Maybe the HR representative had a family emergency or was sick. Let's not assume they blew you off until you know for sure.
Send an email or make a call yourself to ask if 'something happened' that your meeting did not take place, and consider that it may not be personal. If they've moved in another direction, at least you will know if you reach out.

Reactions: ed