Wiki Superbills

Best answers
As a certified coder, can I make the superbills? We chart in one program and bill in another, NP says I can Not do them. I thought that was part of my job? I know I can't sign off on notes. Dazed and confused

Did he or she give you a reason why you can't? I can't think of any reason why a coder would not be able to make superbills. But in the end it's really up to your employer to decide what should or shouldn't be your job.

Last edited:
Did he or she give you a reason why you can't? I can't think of any reason why a coder would not be able to make superbills. But in the end it's really up to your employer to decide what should or shouldn't be your job.
Dr says I can his NP is telling him I can not. I do thank you for helping me with this question.

When you say "make" the superbills, what does that mean? Are you saying that you are reading the encounter note and coding what you see and writing it on a superbill to go to a biller? Because if that is what you are doing, because the treating practitioner is not, then yes, of course you can do that.

Methinks the NP does not understand what a superbill is. All the provider has to do is provide the service, document it (themself or by scribe), and sign that they did it. Everything related to coding and billing can be done by others.