Wiki supervision rules for LPCC, LISW, LPC, LSW, LFMT

nikki_coder

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone bill for these types for providers and do you know if supervision agreements need to be in place?

If you have any information to share on these types of providers, it would be much appreciated - what setting are you billing these services, what cpt/hcpcs codes are you using?

Thank you!!

Licensed Independent Behavioral Health Practitioners (I-BHPs)The following are professionals who are licensed by a professional board in the state of Ohio and areauthorized to practice independently (they are not subject to professional supervision) and have specialtyexperience and/or training related to persons with behavioral health conditions. I-BHPs are:• Psychologists and school psychologists as defined in Chapter 4732. of the Ohio Revised Codewho are licensed by the state of Ohio Board of Psychology and legally authorized to practice inthe state of Ohio.• Licensed professional clinical counselors (LPCC), licensed independent social workers(LISW), and licensed independent marriage and family therapists (LIMFT) as defined inChapter 4757. of the Ohio Revised Code who are licensed by the state of Ohio Counselor, SocialWorker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board and legally authorized to practice in the state ofOhio.o For the purposes of this billing manual, LIMFT has the same meaning as IMFT as usedby the Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board.• Licensed independent chemical dependency counselors (LICDC) as defined in Chapter 4758.of the Ohio Revised Code who are licensed by the Ohio Chemical Dependency ProfessionalsBoard and legally authorized to practice in the state of Ohio.

If you look in the ODM BH Manual (my bible literally) it gives you everything you need to know to bill Medicaid. If you are billing commercial or medicare they have their own policies on who can bill and who cannot. Are you looking for a specific payer? If you are billing Medicaid everything you need to know is in the BH manual.