Wiki T12-L2 percutaneous cement augemented stabilization

lec121661

Guru
Best answers
Hello fellow Neursurgery coders; i could really use your help on this one or some guidance or supporting documentation to present to my physician, there is also a IVR as the co surgeon

I am coding this 22842 and 22612- the provider is coding it as 22899 and 77003, i am not sure about that unlisted code i see the instrumentation and a fusion please any advice would be helpful see op note below

The pt was brought to the or appropriate lines were placed, electrophysiological montoring was started. The pt was placed prone on the open jackson table with all pressure points padded. fluroscopy was used in order to localize the levels of the incision. incisions were made over the bilateral pedicles of T12 an L2 and Jamshidi needles were advanced in a transpedicular fashion under fluroscopic guidance. They were advanced 2 cm using AP fluoroscopy. Once this was confirmed an we observered no medial cortical breaches we took x-ray. once this was confirmed they were further advanced and K-wires were put into place. the holes were tapped, working channels for cement injection were put into place, and the k-wires removed. the verterbral bodies wre cement augemted under fluroscopic visualization oand once ample cement injection was carried out, teh K-wires were placed, working channels were removed, and 6.5 x40 mm screws were put into place and connected using 2 rods.

thank you in advance for your inputs and opinions.

lec121661
CPC, CCS-P