Wiki Table of Risk - Opinion Question

jpspencer

New
Best answers
As we know, the Table of Risk for medical decision making hasn't been updated in quite some time. I'm looking for opinions in regards to this question: Under "Diagnostic Procedure(s) Ordered", would you place MRI's under Minimal or Low risk? Based on the types of tests in each section, I am inclined to place it under Minimal, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. Thank you in advance.

As we know, the Table of Risk for medical decision making hasn't been updated in quite some time. I'm looking for opinions in regards to this question: Under "Diagnostic Procedure(s) Ordered", would you place MRI's under Minimal or Low risk? Based on the types of tests in each section, I am inclined to place it under Minimal, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. Thank you in advance.

I'd consider it minimal, with my audit tool - it has "Non-Cardiovascular imaging with contrast" under Low. Since this doesn't carry the risk associated with using contrast materials, I'd think it would be a level lower.