Wiki telehealth billing location

empalagiglass

Contributor
Best answers
Hello, Does anyone know if we need to change the physical location where a telehealth visit was performed? One of my physicians is going to do a few calls from home. I know POS is 2 but not sure if we change address from clinic site to his addrfess.

Depends on payor. Medicare requires actual POS (office or hospital or other place) with modifier 95 but every payor has different rules. Most use CMS guidelines although I know in California, Blue Cross and Blue Shield use modifier 95 with POS of Telehealth (02) for telemedicine 99201-99215 and modifier 95 with POS of OFFICE (11) for G2010/G2012.

Peace
@_*
I imagine calls from home would be considered "doctor workplace". I do not have any documentation on this though. Sorry.

Hello, Does anyone know if we need to change the physical location where a telehealth visit was performed? One of my physicians is going to do a few calls from home. I know POS is 2 but not sure if we change address from clinic site to his addrfess.
NGS Medicare in a telehealth FAQ advised if the provider is at home, to bill the location he would customarily be at:
If a provider performs a telehealth service from his/her home, what is the place of service and correct address on the claim?
Answer:
If a provider is performing the service from home due to COVID-19 personal restriction(s) or at the provider’s convenience after usual office hours, the address on the claim should be that from which the provider customarily bills services to Medicare. If a provider is performing the service from a home-based office at which he/she is enrolled with Medicare, then the home-based office address is used on the claim.
Question #4 under "Sites and Place of Service".