Wiki Telehealth In Pediatrics

janevaum@gmail.com

Contributor
Best answers
Has anyone used Telehealth technology in their pediatric practice? We think it would be of great use for our quarterly med check patients who are away at school and need refills. If you have used it for this application what has been your experience with reimbursements for commercial insurances? Not really concerned about Medicaid at all. I know services need a modifier 95 and the POS is 02. I know you can't bill telehealth for the first visit of a diagnosis. Anything else I should know?

I honestly doubt that this would qualify for telehealth. The patient must originate in a qualifying originating site which must be located in
● A county outside of a Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) or
● A rural Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) located in a rural census tract
And the patient cannot be in their home or office they must be a qualifying originating location such as a clinic or physician office.
I dint think a patient away from home at school would qualify unless it is in a rural location and they go to a clinic or hospital that is set up as an originating site.