Wiki Telehealth

akaeb

Networker
Best answers
I was wondering when billing telehealth services are you allowed to bill an E/M code as well as the Q3014 to insurances? Or should we only be billing for the E/M and modifier GT (or no modifier for Medicare) with place of service 02?

thanks!

if you are the originating site you bill only the Q3014.
if you are the distant site provider you bill the appropriate E&M code , for Commercial payer add the 95 modifier and 02 POS , for Medicare no modifier and POS 02
You would never bill both as you cannot be the originating site as well as the distant site provider

Does it make a difference if the telehealth providers are employed by us? But they are at a different location providing telehealth services to our pt in our building?

I don't think so, as long as you patient location meets the criteria of the originating site, meaning it is in a qualifying rural area. and the distant site provider is not located in the rural area. but you should not submit both services on the same claim with the same location. The location address of the distant site provider needs to be where that provider is located.

Teleheath

I am hoping for some help about documentation on Telehealth. When a patient is seen via telehealth, the providing phycian must write a note, but does the location that the patient is in, also need to write a note? Is the 2nd note need for the Q3014 encounter. Any guidance and documentation would be greatly appreciated. Thank You