Wiki Teletherapy- Physical Location?

anne32

Guru
Best answers
With the onset of the pandemic, the therapists went remote and were no longer going in the office although the office was still available to use. Fast forward to now, the building has a mold issue, and since we are no longer able to use the space and our lease is up, the owner is considering not renewing the lease since we haven't used the space in some time anyway. What would we use for the facility address since we would technically be a completely remote practice? Would we use his home address? What about the other therapists working remotely? I appreciate anyone's feedback as I have never encountered this scenario before. This is also a temporary situation- he is looking at other office spaces to rent beginning this summer but we are trying to figure out what this would look like in the mean time being completely remote.

what ever address is going to be or is on the W-9 that is associated with the group. If the provider changes the Company address that's your base address.. regardless of being remote or not.. You need to find out what address is going to be on the W-9 if its the providers (Company/Owners ) home then that would be your place of service 11. The company I currently work for started there business from home.. Which made there place of service for office work 11.. when they saw a client via telehealth the location turned to 2 there has to be a physical address to request med records from or any kind of communication from the insurance companies to go to..