Wiki Text Messaging

KoBee

Expert
Best answers
Has any one ran into a situation where a patient is scheduled for telemedicine video/audio but unable to connect to either so patient and provider are texting back and forth. What CPT would you use text messaging?

Has any one ran into a situation where a patient is scheduled for telemedicine video/audio but unable to connect to either so patient and provider are texting back and forth. What CPT would you use text messaging?
Hi there, I think G2012 would work because the descriptor is pretty broad ("technology-based service") and doesn't specify that the exchange was synchronous. I know some private payer cover this code, but you should double-check if this was a private pay patient.

Hi there, I think G2012 would work because the descriptor is pretty broad ("technology-based service") and doesn't specify that the exchange was synchronous. I know some private payer cover this code, but you should double-check if this was a private pay patient.
Yes, I agree. Some payors want something specific. We often see BCN denying these, but we haven't had issues with other payors thus far.