• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Tissue Expander Question

bella2

Guru
Messages
172
Location
Spring Hill, FL
Hi,
I was looking for some advice on the removal of a tissue expander and then the placement of a breast implant. I think the correct code is 19342,
but I saw someone on this site suggested 11970. I cross coded 11970 and can't come up with any diagnosis that support this code choice. I was wondering does anyone have documentation stating that 11970 would be the correct code choice ?
Thanks in advance for any responses,
Bella
 
11970 is definitely the correct code for that.
use V45.71 for dx.
I'm assuming this pt had a partial mastectomy done.
 
Top