Wiki Total Thyroidectomy with only 1 lymph node removed

Best answers
How do you code a total thyroidectomy with only one deep cervical lymph node being removed that is malignant? I would think the correct code would be 60240 because
Under 60252 in encoder it states: Representing more than one lymph node being removed.

The physician removes a malignant thyroid and some lymph nodes.
My Op report states the following:
Strap muscles were divided at the midline raphae & dissection continued deeply until the thyroid gland was encountered. A delphian lymph node was encountered and removed & sent for permanent section. This came back as malignant. Final DX is pappilary thyroid carcinoma.
Thanks,

I have found numerous resources about this and from what I'm reading, I think this would be a 60220 since only one thyroid was removed. This is because your thyroid is considered one structure, but two lobes.

Thyroidectomy - "The surgeon makes a small incision in the skin of the neck as close to a natural crease as possible to reduce the appearance of the scar. The surgeon parts a thin layer of muscle to gain access to the thyroid gland, then removes one or both lobes of the thyroid gland as well as any nearby lymph nodes that may be affected by disease."

60220 - Total thyroid lobectomy, unilateral; with or without isthmectomy