Wiki Tubal ligation reversal STATUS only - ICD-10

Best answers
Hello,

I've been looking for an ICD-10 that best reflects the "tubal ligation reversal status" condition. The codes below don't seem to match my scenario, according to their description:

Z31.0 = Encounter for reversal of previous sterilization (I believe this code is used when the patient presents for the actual reversal procedure, not to identify the status only)
Z98.51 = Tubal ligation status (This code is self explanatory, but my case scenario is that the patient has a history of tubal ligation which was later reversed and now is trying to conceive).

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks!

Hello,

I've been looking for an ICD-10 that best reflects the "tubal ligation reversal status" condition. The codes below don't seem to match my scenario, according to their description:

Z31.0 = Encounter for reversal of previous sterilization (I believe this code is used when the patient presents for the actual reversal procedure, not to identify the status only)
Z98.51 = Tubal ligation status (This code is self explanatory, but my case scenario is that the patient has a history of tubal ligation which was later reversed and now is trying to conceive).

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks!
Did you ever find an answer?

Did you ever find an answer?
Hi xXxPARAGONxXx,

No. Unfortunately no existing ICD-10 code can depict this situation. I decided to not code anything since the patient is in a normal health status. I would not report tubal ligation status either (Z98.51) because that's only history.

I hope this helps.