Wiki Ultrasound when unable to hear baby heartbeat on doppler

Best answers
Usually when we have OB's visit, besides the usual check up, the provider will also check for fetal heartbeat on doppler. Sometimes they can't find the heartbeat and they add the pt for an ultrasound that same day which is done in office. There are usually no complications, it's just to make sure baby is ok. My question is, what ICD-10 code do I use for cases like these?

Usually when we have OB's visit, besides the usual check up, the provider will also check for fetal heartbeat on doppler. Sometimes they can't find the heartbeat and they add the pt for an ultrasound that same day which is done in office. There are usually no complications, it's just to make sure baby is ok. My question is, what ICD-10 code do I use for cases like these?
One possibility is Z03.79 Encounter for other suspected maternal and fetal conditions ruled out. Another is O36.80 Pregnancy with inconclusive fetal viability since no heart beat may mean the pregnancy is no longer viable. If the baby was not okay, find the code that matches the problem with the fetus.