Wiki Unbundling

TWatkins

Best answers
Can I get some insight on unbundling services? I have a couple of scenarios.
1. 64633-50, 99070, S0020, J3301 ( RF Ablation with use of lidocaine, Marcaine, and Kenalog. 99070 was billed for misc supplies)
2.99203-25 62321, 62323, 99070, J3301, Q9966 (New patient visit where a cervical ESI and a lumbar ESI were performed with use of kenalog and omnipaque 99070 was billed for misc supplies)

Should I not be reporting 99070 with the procedure?

Lidocaine and Marcaine are anesthetics and are not separately billed.

Misc supplies are usually just part of performing the injections. If they actually get paid it's time to go to Vegas before your luck runs out.

The bigger question is, should you be billing a new patient visit with the procedure? Was the patient referred for the procedure or did the doctor really make the decision at the visit that he wanted to do the procedure? Was the procedure scheduled in advance?

The bigger question is, should you be billing a new patient visit with the procedure? Was the patient referred for the procedure or did the doctor really make the decision at the visit that he wanted to do the procedure? Was the procedure scheduled in advance?
The patient has only seen seen a chiro where they were referred to pain management to eval and tx. Decision for the injection was made at the visit.