Wiki Unna Boot done by nurse

spatch

Best answers
We are having a dilemma in our office regarding the coding of unna boots. We know that when the provider sees the patient and decides that an unna boot should be applied and the nurse does the application, we can bill an office visit and the application of the unna boot. Our problem is with the patient who is coming in several times a week to receive unna boots and the provider is not seeing the patient only has an order to have the unna boots done. Can the nurse charge 29580 or is 99211 the only charge appropriate?

We are having a dilemma in our office regarding the coding of unna boots. We know that when the provider sees the patient and decides that an unna boot should be applied and the nurse does the application, we can bill an office visit and the application of the unna boot. Our problem is with the patient who is coming in several times a week to receive unna boots and the provider is not seeing the patient only has an order to have the unna boots done. Can the nurse charge 29580 or is 99211 the only charge appropriate?

Did you received any response to this post? We have the same issue in our office. We billed only 29580, but insurance denied it. Please let me know if you found an answer.

Thank you.

Haidee

I bill only 29580 as well. We do not usually have a problem receiving payment for this. What is the reason code/reason stated for your denial?

I bill only 29580 as well. We do not usually have a problem receiving payment for this. What is the reason code/reason stated for your denial?

Humana denied it as "separately billed services/tests have been bundled as they are considered components of the same procedure."

We also have one claim done by a nurse but this time with debridement 11042. Still they denied the 29580. So I was wondering if 29580 is bundled with 99211 or 11042?