• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Urgent Care - When I worked at a pediatric urgent care

pugbug

Networker
Messages
42
Location
Peoria, AZ
When I worked at a pediatric urgent care their hours were 5pm to 5am and we added 99051 to every invoice. I have been asked about the use of S9083 and S9088, which are urgent care specific. Has anyone used these codes and if so, under what scenario?
 
S9088

We currently use this code. We are a certified Urgent Care. In the past,
we coded for holidays, evenings and weekends. We aren't currenyly
using those.
 
We use both 99051 and S9088 on all claims except one of our managed cares, Blue Care Network. They have an all inclusive contract and pay a flat fee of $80 no matter what we do, they also require us to bill with the S9083. That is the only carrier I have that wants that code at this point.

I am in Michigan and we have a freestanding urgent care.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
 
Urgent care

We use 99051. I am in California...I heve never used the S code because our payors pay the 99051. Medicare patients we don't bill the 99051 at all. All other payors recognize 99051 here.
 
Top