Wiki Urology help needed-

millbj

Contributor
Best answers
This is NOT a test question..this is an actual procedure note I am struggling with and getting mixed answers so wanted to see if anyone on the forum could help me out. (done in oupt hospital)

I am thinking 52005- MOD 50, 57420, 74455- MOD 26

But someone else said 52281, 76000- MOD 26, 74420, 51600

And then someone else said 51610, 52000- MOD 59, 57420-MOD 59, 74430, MOD 26

ANY AND ALL HELP AND LOGIC IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Operation Performed:
Urethral Dilatation to 28 French
cystoscopy
Voiding Cystourethrogram & Fluoroscopy
Bilateral Retrograde Ureterograms & Fluroscopy
Vaginoscopy

Pre Op Diagnosis: Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections

Post OP Diagnosis: Same

Operative Findings: Normal bladder, ureters, renal pelvis, vagina, digital rectal exam.

Complications: None

Estimated Blood Loss: None

Reason for Operation: Current Urinary tract infections.

Description of Operation:
Patient was place in lithotomy position after anesthesia was induced with no difficulty. the genitalia were then prepped and draped in usual fashion. The female dilators were then used to dilate the urethra up progressively to a caliber of 28 French. The 25 French cystoscope was then placed inside the bladder. Examination of the bladder mucosa revealed normal findings. There was no erythema. There were no calculus debris. there were no trabeculation. The ureteral orfices were normal in position and configuration. The cystoscope was then removed and a 14 French Foley catheter was placed inside the bladder with the balloon dilated with 5mls. 200mls of cystografin was then placed inside the bladder. Under fluoroscopy the bladder contour was noted to be normal. A voiding phase was initiated and no reflux was seen going up either ureter. The bladder was then emptied. The cystoscope was placed back inside the bladder. bilateral retrogrades were then performed with the cone-tip ureter stent. Both ureters were seen to be normal in caliber. Both renal pelves were normal in anatomy. Cystoscope was then removed. The cystoscope was then placed in vagina which demonstrated normal vagina and cervix. Rectal Exam was performed and no stool impaction was noted. Anal Sphincter was normal. She tolerated procedure well and was taken to the recover room in good condition.