Wiki vascular coding- 1, 2nd 3rd lumbar embolization- i need help!!

LOKA715

Contributor
Best answers
selective angiogram of an ascending lumbar vessel , embolization of a lumbar vessel- i can post details but where do I start? 2nd order,? Its my first crack at this its hard!
i have jotted 37242,36246...

it is aneurysm
The patient was brought to the operating room and placed in the supine position. After timeout procedure was performed the patient was prepped and draped in a standard usual fashion. A micropuncture needle was advanced into the left common femoral artery under real-time ultrasound guidance. The micropuncture wire was then advanced and a micropuncture sheath was advanced over the wire the wire was exchanged for a Bentson wire the sheath was exchanged for 6 French vascular sheath. A pigtail catheter was advanced over the wire and positioned in the proximal abdominal aorta and AP abdominal aortogram was performed. The pigtail was pulled back into the body of the graft where it was repeated angiogram was performed the catheter was migrated down into the left iliac limb and an angiogram was again performed the catheter was then exchanged for short vertebral catheter. A microcatheter was advanced into the iliolumbar artery where selective angiogram was then performed. The microcatheter was then advanced into the extravasating branch of the iliolumbar artery where selective angiogram was repeated the distal iliolumbar artery was embolized with multiple detachable 018 microcoils. The microcatheter was then pulled back and a repeat iliolumbar angiogram was performed the microcatheter was removed the Bentson guidewire was advanced into the proximal aorta the catheter was exchanged for a pigtail catheter and a repeat abdominal aortogram was performed the sheath was exchanged for an 8 French 25 cm vascular sheath which was flushed with heparinized saline solution the catheter was exchanged for a Simmons 1 catheter which was used to select the left T12 intercostal where selective angiograms were performed the catheter was then used to select the superior mesenteric artery where selective angiogram was again performed and the catheter was removed over a Bentson wire wire. We essentially identified and a sending branch off from the internal iliac artery that was pressurizing the aortic sac this was coil embolized and therefore eliminating the ongoing contrast extravasation. The procedure was deemed to be successful and hemostasis was achieved after the wire sent and catheters and sheath were removed.

I agree with your codes. also angiogram code if any finding in the iliolumbar artery documented.
ok thanks but can you break it down for me some, I am not sure that I quite understand it, i have another one as well but id like to understand it a bit better. Thanks