Wiki Venography

longweidmanj

Contributor
Best answers
Keep getting denied on 36011.50 which is my primary procedure followed by 75825.59 & 75822.59. Says that documentation does not support procedure billed. After ultrasound was used to identify the right & left femoral veins the micropuncture catheter was used to engage the veins , which this was exchanged for a 9 french sheath, the catheter was directly & selectively inserted in the femoral veins which is the second order of the inferior vena cava. I struggle getting this primary procedure paid. I have dropped it to 36005 and then it is denied for bundling. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Venography, 36011.50 is my primary procedure followed by 75825.59 & 75822.59, which were both paid.

I think I am struggling with the correct order for the femoral vein. Is it the second or third order of the inferior vena cava ?

I think I am struggling with the correct order for the femoral vein. Is it the second or third order of the inferior vena cava ?
I may be reading this wrong but is the approach from the bilateral femoral veins and final placement of both catheters in the inferior vena cava for venography?

The catheter is directly & selectively inserted into the femoral vein bilaterally. Then direct injections of dye in both sheaths in the femoral vein with run off to the iliofemoral veins bilaterally & into the IVC.