• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Vitals Taken by the Nurse and Provider Credit

dys

Guest
Messages
1
In an EMR when a nurse documents vitals in the intake note does the provider have to comment on the vitals such as "vitals reviewed and are stable" in order for them to receive credit. Or do they automatically receive credit because they are authenticating the chart note. My concern about them not commenting and or documenting something such as "vitals as above" doesn't give me any idea whether or not they really reviewed them.
 
I don't know if there is anything out there pertaining specifically to vitals in EMR.

Generally, I give the providers credit for them even if they don't specifically state they reviewed them.

The only time I don't give credit is if the vitals are not listed on the same page as the doctors note and they don't reference them.

That is just how I handle it.

Laura, CPC, CEMC
 
Top