• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Question What does c/f mean?

lesterbelen

Contributor
Best answers
I can't seem to get the answer to this one no matter how hard I google. The example is "... c/f copd exacerbation..." Is c/f the same as "consistent with"?

Thank you!

Mayzoo

Guru
Best answers
I am sure you already considered this, but it does not hurt to ask........

Is it handwritten or typed? If handwritten, could it be CHF COPD exacerbation?

Another possibility is Cystic Fibrosis COPD:

"Etiology
In general, the vast majority of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) cases are the direct result of tobacco abuse. [2] While other causes are known, such as alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, cystic fibrosis, air pollution, occupational exposure (eg, firefighters), and bronchiectasis, this is a disease process that is somewhat unique in its direct correlation to a human activity."

lesterbelen

Contributor
Best answers
It is EMR so not handwritten. I think I will go with c/f as "concerning for" as KellyLR suggested. Patient does not have cystic fibrosis so i doubt it is that. Thank you all for the replies and link!