Wiki Wokman's Comp.

boo

Best answers
I have a denial from workman's comp. on a claim from 2009. Patient is in current litigation with workman's comp. and refuses to pay on the claim. My question: can we send patient to collection for refusal to pay bill?

What state?

You need to go to your state's Work Comp website. I can try to help you find the information, but the law's differ depending on what state this is for.

I have a denial from workman's comp. on a claim from 2009. Patient is in current litigation with workman's comp. and refuses to pay on the claim. My question: can we send patient to collection for refusal to pay bill?

I agree with Pam...I don't know a lot about Work Comp, except that the law varies from state to state, so check your state's Department of insurance website (it's probably addressed in a FAQ section, if you see one). And one other thing...it's Worker's Compensation...:p

Hope that helps!
:D

In our practice, once the patient or the claim is in litigation, we redirect/address all the bills/invoices to attorney's office handling the litigation.