Wiki Y90 CPT 77295

Best answers
Hi,
I'm new to Interventional Radiology and wondered if anyone knew of any resources that help in building a template for IR providers that bill for the CPT 77295. I'm reviewing the desk reference, 3M articles, and encoder pro but I don't know where else to look for how the physician's should be dictating to appropriately bill this CPT. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PT

Computer–generated radiographic reconstruction and volumetric dose calculation are used to improve accuracy of external beam radiation administration. Documentation may include 3D volume reconstruction, dose distribution, and dose volume histograms, a summary of 3D dose calculations in graph form. That is the description of 77295. This is used when the doctor is measuring out how much Y-90 is needed to perform the embolization. Look up "Sirsphere" and they have a reimbursement sheet on their website. Good luck.

I forgot to include the website for Boston Scientific. They have as part of the website how to code for Y-90 embolizations.