Wiki 00604

cmacpc

Networker
Best answers
Need some clarification. Code 00604 in RVG comments states (for open procedures on the cervical spin and cord). I have a case patient had several procedures one of them crosscodes to 00604. My confusion is that the patient was not in sitting position. Does he/she need be? Patient positioned in prone.

Thank you,

Yes. Unfortunately, this code is strictly for use with a patient in the sitting position. The RVU units for this procedure are higher as this is a more complicated procedure. I would look to code 00600 if there is not another closer anesthesia code for your procedure. However, without the OP note, I cannot give you a concise procedure code.

Hope this helps

Amy:
The report is way too long to type but my CPT codes are as follows 63015, 22600,22842,22614,20936,20930,22614. C3 thru C6 laminectomy with instrumentation and arthodesis and undercutting of C2 and C7. and as stated the patient is in prone position. But like the RVG comment states, and this is my confusion: " Code 00604 describes anesthesia for open procedures on the cervicle spine and cord"). Do I use this as opposed to 00670?

Thanks,