Wiki 0483T

BonnieJ123

Networker
Best answers
I know there have been previous posts in regards to this code. I saw one where we were told to use ICD-10 code Z00.6 however would you also have to use a Clinical Trial number along with that diagnosis. We were told by the company supplying the product that our group is NOT in a clinical trial for thei CPT code 0483T like we are for 0484T where we are getting paid by using the CT# and Z00.6. Any ideas when you are NOT in a clinical trial and getting paid?

So you bill yours w/o Z00.6 and w/o CT# and get paid after several appeals.
Honestly I can't really explain it well because this code is the only one that on the first try I can not seem to get paid. I try with no modifiers they deny I add Q0 Z00.6 they deny. I do a second appeal removing it. Then I get a favorable appeal for Co Surgeons. I can't make this up. I have tried this with Just the 62. Just the CPT or Just Q0 with the Z. They then deny every denial has been different and on the second appeal they pay them. This is only Medicare other companies deny as Experimental

I know we have tried at least twice to appeal. Again, we were told by the supplier that we are not in the trial so we should not use Z00.6 or the CT#. We mistakenly did in the beginning and were paid but had to reimbursement the insurance back to file correctly and have never been paid. Do you remember if you got paid without the Z00.6 and the CT# with two appeals?