Wiki 15004 w/ tissue tx

D.R.

Networker
Best answers
Can surg prep codes 15002-15005 be used with tissue tx codes 14000-14350? My providers want to bill for debridement along with the ATT codes but I believe debridement is included.

15002-15005 is preparation for a skin graft or "replacement" and an additional graft code would be used with this code set whereas 14000-14350 is repair of a defect using adjacent tissue to repair the defect created. Debridement is inclusive to both of these code sets. (7+ years of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery coding experience). If you have the case I can review and help further :)

15002-15005 is preparation for a skin graft or "replacement" and an additional graft code would be used with this code set whereas 14000-14350 is repair of a defect using adjacent tissue to repair the defect created. Debridement is inclusive to both of these code sets. (7+ years of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery coding experience). If you have the case I can review and help further :)
Thanks so much. So basically when they are prepping/or debriding the recipient site of the ATT they should only be billing for the tissue tx correct?

Yes the ATT includes all debridement, creation of defect including excisions etc so you would only code the ATT. If the surgeon was instead doing a graft you would code the 1500X series with the additional graft code.

Yes the ATT includes all debridement, creation of defect including excisions etc so you would only code the ATT. If the surgeon was instead doing a graft you would code the 1500X series with the additional graft code.
Thanks so much for your help!