Wiki 15860

kalpana

Networker
Best answers
Colon rectal surgeons often use a perfusion assessment technique in their cases that employs an IV injection by anesthesia and then visual assessment of tissue perfusion by the surgeon using a laser reflective camera. Can A colorectal surgeon code CPT 15860 .Please advise. Thanks for your help

Colon rectal surgeons often use a perfusion assessment technique in their cases that employs an IV injection by anesthesia and then visual assessment of tissue perfusion by the surgeon using a laser reflective camera. Can A colorectal surgeon code CPT 15860 .Please advise. Thanks for your help

Hi there, I use an unlisted colon procedure code and compare it to 15860 since it is the vascular flow of the mesentery/intestine, and not a 'flap or graft' that is being assessed.

Hi there, I use an unlisted colon procedure code and compare it to 15860 since it is the vascular flow of the mesentery/intestine, and not a 'flap or graft' that is being assessed.

Are you having any issues getting these paid? We haven't seen a single payment. Our auditing department sent a few cases over to Zupko and they came back saying that it is included with every major procedure. Of course the docs don't agree. Therefore I am curious to know who is getting paid. TIA!

I have only seen a few pay this procedure, and they were commercial plans. Most come back as you noted - inclusive to the main procedure, and are not paid. I am still billing them out with the thought that this may change in the future, and that other 'mapping' codes exist and are paid with major procedures.