Wiki 19304 vs 19303

R1CPC

Guru
Best answers
I have trouble telling the difference between these two codes 19303 vs 19304

" We elevated the skin edges and I dissected the breast tissue free from the subcutaneous tissue down to the pectoralis fascia. Medially we dissected down the pectoralis fascia even with an imaginary line connecting the suprasternal notch with the lower border of the arm. Inferiorly we dissected down to the inframammary crease and laterrally we dissected out past the pectoralis major mucle out on the serratus anterior and continued laterally until we encountered the anterior border of latissimus. I mobilized the breast off the anterior chest wall. We separated it from the pectoralis fascia using electrocautery. We rotated the breast off the the pectoralis major muscle and incised the clavipectoral fascia laterraly and then separated the lateral aspect of the breast from the superficial aspect of the serratus anterior. Laterally we separated the breast from the anterior border of the latissimus and ultimately we were able to remove the breast in an en bloc fashion"

My doctor coded this as 19303 does anyone agree? if yes, please explain. if no, please explain :confused: