Wiki 2.5 mm ? help

codedog

True Blue
Best answers
Want to make sure I have this right , when physcian dictates 6 -mm , that means its 0.5 cm or less ? if so this means cpt code for this is

11640 173.3
15240-forehead flap ?

Would you agree with me ?if not help

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSES: Basal cell carcinoma of the tip of the nose, status post excision by dermatologist with positive margins.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSES: Basal cell carcinoma of the tip of the nose, status post excision by dermatologist with positive margins.

PROCEDURES PERFORMED: Re-excision basal cell carcinoma 6-mm at the dorsum of the nose and reconstruction with a full-thickness forehead flap.

OPERATIVE PROCEDURE: The patient was brought to the operating room and placed under adequate general endotracheal anesthesia. The head and neck were prepped with half strength Betadine and draped in a customary fashion.

The lesion, which was visible as a scar on the left side of the nasal tip was marked for excision with about 1-mm margin beyond the previous excision. This incision was removed with a 6-mm punch and tagged at 12 o’ clock and submitted to the lab. The pathologist said that he did not see any residual tumor in the specimen and a 6-mm punch was used to remove the donor site from the forehead just below the hairline. The graft was sewn into place with multiple 6-0 chromic sutures and the donor site was closed with 4-0 Prolene. Antibiotic ointment and bandages completed the closure. The patient tolerated the procedure well and was sent back to the recovery room in good condition.

I was taught to take the size of the lesion which is 6mm + the margine which is 1mm x 2=
8mm and move your decimal point over which would be 0.8cm which would be #11641.
Hope this helps.
Kathy Albert,CPC