Wiki 2011 Code Books

jaaroncpc@gmail.com

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

I'm John and I have been a member for a little while but recently credentialed. I have recently purchased my 2011 CPT & HCPCS Code Books from the AAPC.

However, I found the AAPC version of the ICD-9 Coding Book to be challenging to use perhaps mainly due to the spirals, I don't like it too much. Is there a version available on the market that someone would recommend I try for 2011?

Is anyone familiar with Contexo Media's version?

Thanks In Advance,

Happy New Year!!

While each company will supply the ICD-9 codes, you will find a variance on the additional content of the ICD-9 manual. I used Ingenix for many years and decided to try AAPC's when they became available. I now prefer AAPC's because of the great information in addition to the codes.

You need to find the layout you are most comfortable with and stick with it. The most important thing is to make sure you are using the most current version (or the appropriate version for an older date of service).

I believe many companies have gone to the spiral bound for ease of use.

Congratulations on your CPC-A and welcome to the wonderful world of coding!

I like the AAPCs also but I use most often the channel version and it is not spiral bound but it also has no color in the text. I like it for that reason being all black and white is much easier for me to read. I use the educational annotation version even though you can get it only in the hospital version ( just means you will have volume 3 also). Their website is www.channelpublishing .com