Wiki 2012 spine fusion/ updated errata

moodymom

Networker
Best answers
WELL THE ERRATA WAS UPDATED HOWEVER NOTHING WAS CORRECTED FOR CODING 22633 +22634 WITH INSTRUMENTATION:(.... WHAT ARE WE TO DO????:confused:
IS THIS REALLY A MISTAKE? HOW DO I FOUND OUT?
ANY HELP/SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.....:eek:

Keep checking this link

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/phy...g-billing-insurance/cpt/about-cpt/errata.page

Don't take denials for spinal instrumentation and allografts with these new codes. These are incorrectly being bundled in. These codes were not meant to be bundled into 22633 and 22634. The AMA and AAOS is working with CMS on this issue. We are apealing these claims if and when they deny to keep activity on our claims until there is a final ruling. There will be a final ruling that instrumentation will be paid with these codes, however I was told by the end of the first quater or begining of the second quater of this year before the ruling is published. Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have anything in writting on this, as it came from COSC with consulting company that helps when I have questions related to spinal coding. You can google "Metronix Spinal Coding" They offer classes and if you call the 800 number for coding you can get this information on this issue.

When I was at the AANS Coding Conference in February the persenters said that the errata dealing with the missing instrumentation codes for add ons would probably not be out in its final form until May or June. Just keep coding for them and then when they finally get around to publishing the correction, appeal! Wish they had consulted a CPC when they came up with the combo codes.