Wiki 22900 or 22903?

nlbarnes

Expert
Best answers
I don't want to query the doc just yet. I don't feel that excision was done to include the muscle unless the description below in red is incorrect & should state muscle as subq tissue shouldn't be in the anatomy there? Or I don't know my anatomy as well as I thought I did. If I'm understanding this correctly, I think 22900 is correct. The doc has 22903.

Incision along the RT flank area along the RT abdominal wall dissected down through the subq tissue down through Scarpa fascia to the subq tissue. ---

We got all the way down to the fascia, but there was no signs of any mass underneath the fascia.---

We closed Scarpa's fascia w/ interrupted sutures, closed deep dermal, & closed skin.

I would suggest having the provider look at the note and request that he/she clarify that passage, if the provider does mean subcutaneous layer then code accordingly.

22900 vs 22903

Debra - so it is odd to you as well that it mentions subq tissue and not muscle?

I'm going to clarify. I wouldn't code it either way with the op report like this anyhow. :cool: