Wiki 23470 and 29823

0913@70

Networker
Best answers
Can somebody help me on this? The Physician did debridement of labrum right shoulder and hemiarthroplasty of right shoulder. Isn't the 29823 inslusive in 23470 and only 23470 should be billed?

Thank you

Can somebody help me on this? The Physician did debridement of labrum right shoulder and hemiarthroplasty of right shoulder. Isn't the 29823 inslusive in 23470 and only 23470 should be billed?

Thank you

you can unbundle the 29823 with a 59 modifier, but only if your documentation supports it.

Thank you for your reply.

But, this was the same shoulder and same incision, isn't modifier 59 appended where there is a second incision and different body part?
My other question is; if they do total shoulder replacement isn't the debridement of the
labrum necessary to be done in order to do this procedure correctly?

Thank you so much

Can somebody clear this out for me? Can you appeand mdfr 59 on a priocedure for the same, knee, shoulder...?

Thank you for your help

Thank you for your reply.

But, this was the same shoulder and same incision, isn't modifier 59 appended where there is a second incision and different body part?
My other question is; if they do total shoulder replacement isn't the debridement of the
labrum necessary to be done in order to do this procedure correctly?

Thank you so much

not always...even though that is a reason for adding a 59 modifier i usually will ask myself or the doc was the procedure unrelated to the primary procedure. in the case you presented it doesn't look like you could append a 59 mod and it would be bundled...